As Muslims, we all know that modesty is our top priority when it comes to dressing, but nonetheless finding the right dress for our different body types is key to looking and feeling our best. There are different body types such as petite, hourglass, pear, and apple shapes, it is important that we put these shapes into consideration when choosing our outfits.
However, there are some general principles that can be applied when selecting clothing for any body type.
For a petite figure:1. Look for clothing with a tailored fit to create an elongated silhouette.
2. Choose longer skirts, dresses, and tops that reach the knees and elbows.
3. Avoid clothing that is overly tight or clingy.
4. Look for scoop, V, or boat necklines to create an elongated look without showing too much skin.
1. Look for clothing that has a defined waist.
For an hourglass figure:
2. Choose clothing that skims the body without being overly tight or clingy.
3. Opt for dresses with a structured bodice, like a wrap dress or a fit-and-flare style that skims your body without being too tight.
4. Avoid any styles that are too clingy or boxy, as they won’t be flattering
5. Look for dresses with an A-line skirt, as these will be more figure-flattering
6. Look for pieces with subtle details like gathering, ruching or pleating to add texture and shape. Add a belt to cinch the waist for a more defined shape.
For a pear body shape:1. Opt for a knee-length A-line skirt and a fitted top with a wide or deep V-neck.
2. Choose an Empire waist top and avoid oversized shirts and tight-fitting bottoms.
3. A-line skirts, dark-colored jeans, and blazers or tailored jackets.
4. Other items to consider could include wrap-style dresses, high-waisted trousers, and flowy tops with scoop or boat necks.
5. Avoid tight or clingy fabrics, as these can emphasize the lower half.
1. A modest wardrobe could include items like an A-line dress, maxi skirt, wrap dress, blouse, tunic, empire waist dress, crew neck t-shirt, and bootcut jeans.
For an apple body shape:
2. Try scoop necklines and ruffles. Choose dark colors to make your waist appear smaller. Balance out your top with a pair of boot-cut or wide-leg pants.
3. Try long necklaces or scarves to draw attention to the neckline.
4. Darker colors on the bottom and lighter colors on top are definitely a must for an apple body shape
5. Opt for a shift dress, which is also a great option for apple body shapes. This look can be further enhanced by pairing the dress with a belt.
Now you know how to choose the right dress shape that suits your body type. Check out our beautiful Sabrina pink dress. Click Here